You have worked with the finest kitchen designers and selected your modern kitchen cabinets. With their wood finish and quality design, they have become the centerpiece of your kitchen. To keep them looking this beautiful for years to come, it is important to invest in their upkeep. Follow these tips to clean and maintain your luxury Italian kitchen cabinets.
- Prevent Moisture: Even a small source of moisture can build up over time and damage your cabinets. Water damage can cause mold, mildew, and rot, which is often irreversible. Keep wet dishcloths away from your cabinets and address any ceiling leaks right away.
- Avoid Harsh Cleaners: Any cleaning solution with a high chemical concentrate can leave residue on the surface of your cabinets or slowly eat away at the wood. Keep bleach, ammonia, silicone-based products, and other harsh detergents away from your cabinets.
- Clean With Warm Water And Vinegar: As a cleaning alternative, use this popular combination. A good ratio to follow is one gallon water to one-fourth cup vinegar, but you can add more vinegar if your cabinets are very dirty. Dampen a cloth with the solution and gently scrub the wood. Wipe with a dry cloth afterward.
- Vacuum The Inside: Keep pests away from your cabinets by vacuuming up any food crumbs. Once you have the inside all clear, wipe it down with the same solution that you used for the outside. Keep the cabinet doors open to allow the inside to dry.
- Use A Gentle Polish: Polishing the wood will retain the sleek look of your contemporary kitchen cabinets, but choose a gentle formula to prevent potential damage. Apply the solution gently to avoid any streaking or smearing. Let the wax set before you touch the cabinets again.
By investing your time in keeping your European kitchen cabinets in the best possible condition, you are also investing in a potential home sale. Even a minor kitchen remodel has an average ROI of 82.7%, so imagine what a luxury overhaul by professional kitchen designers could bring. No matter your future plans for your home, your commitment to maintenance will allow you to enjoy your wooden cabinets as long as possible.