Imagine that you have worked with the finest kitchen designers in NYC and selected the best, most high-end modern wooden kitchen cabinets for your interior space. With these high-end wood cabinet finishes and the outstanding product quality of your custom kitchen design, your wooden cabinets have become the centerpiece of your kitchen. And you want to keep it this way. However, in order to keep your wooden kitchen cabinetry look this beautiful for years to come, it is important to invest in their upkeep. Follow these tips to clean and maintain your wooden luxury kitchen cabinets, and you can be sure that there won’t be any regrets going forward.
5 Tips To Maintain Your Wooden Kitchen Cabinets
- Prevent Moisture: Even a small source of moisture can build up over time and damage your kitchen cabinets. Water damage can cause mold, mildew, and rot, which is often irreversible. Keep wet dishcloths away from your kitchen cabinetry and address any ceiling leaks right away.
- Avoid Harsh Cleaners: Any cleaning solution with a high chemical concentrate can leave residue on the surface of your kitchen cabinets or slowly eat away at the wood. Keep bleach, ammonia, silicone-based products, and other harsh detergents away from your cabinets.
- Clean With Warm Water And Vinegar: As a cleaning alternative for your wooden modern or transitional kitchen cabinets, use this popular combination. A good ratio to follow is one gallon water to one-fourth cup vinegar, but you can add more vinegar if your cabinets are very dirty. Dampen a cloth with the solution and gently scrub the wood. Wipe with a dry cloth afterward.
- Vacuum The Inside: Keep pests away from your kitchen’s cabinets by vacuuming up any food crumbs. Once you have the inside all clear, wipe it down with the same solution that you used for the outside. Keep the cabinet doors open to allow the inside to dry.
- Use A Gentle Polish: Polishing the wood of your cabinetry will retain the sleek look of your contemporary kitchen cabinets. Be sure to choose a gentle formula to prevent potential damage to your cabinetry. Apply the solution gently to avoid any streaking or smearing. Let the wax set before you touch the kitchen cabinets again.
Additional Kitchen Considerations
By investing your time in keeping your wooden custom kitchen cabinets in the best possible condition, you are also investing in a potential home sale at some time in the future. Even a minor kitchen remodel has an average ROI of 82.7%, so imagine what a luxury overhaul by professional kitchen designers could bring. No matter your future plans for your home, your commitment to maintenance of your kitchen cabinetry will allow you to enjoy your wooden cabinets as long as possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact our Cesar NYC kitchen showroom should you have any additional questions.